[bksvol-discuss] Re: Three new requests for nonfiction books

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 08:17:35 -0800 (PST)

How is someone going to place square root signs, integral signs, etc into an
.rtf book?  Is there a way to hit some keys and put those symbols in?  Actually
what's needed is for the Finereader software to recognize those symbols and put
them into the .rtf file. Without Finereader cooperating, it would take many
hours to put all those symbols in by hand...

Or am I not understanding something?

Thanks, Carrie

  Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:57:45 -0800 (PST)
  <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Subject: Fwd: bookshare
> To: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
>

> Cindy, will you add these books? Thanks!
>
> Angie O
  <dotbug3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:  Date: Mon,
> 31 Dec 2007 21:23:49 -0500
> From: Angie
  O <dotbug3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Subject: ] bookshare

  Jamie,
> I DB friend who is a Bookshare volunteer has asked
> me
  to get
> these three books added to Bookshare's wish list.
> Can
  you do
> that for me?
>
> I have 3 books that I

  would really, really love to see on Bookshare, so
> here they
  are:

> 1) A World of Ideas: The Dictionary of Important

  Ideas and
> Thinkers, by
> Chris Rohmann (not Bill
  Moyers)

> 2) Great Thinkers of the Western World: The
  Major
> Ideas and
> Classic Works
> of More Than 100
  Outstanding Western Philosophers,
> Physical and
> Social

  Scientists, Psychologists, Religious Writers and
> Theologians, by

> Ian P.
> Mcgreal
>
> 3) The Great Thoughts, by
  George Seldes

> ***
>

> __._,_.___
  Messages in this topic (48) Reply (via
> web post) | Start a new topic

>  Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database |
> Polls |
  Members | Calendar
>    MARKETPLACE
>

> ---------------------------------
>  Earn your
  degree in as few as 2 years - Advance
> your career with an AS, BS, MS
  degree -

  ---------------------------------

  ---------------------------------
>  Earn your degree in as few as
  2 years - Advance
> your career with an AS, BS, MS degree -

  College-Finder.net.

> Change
  settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
> Change settings via email:
  Switch delivery to Daily
> Digest | Switch format to Traditional

> Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use |
> Unsubscribe

>    Visit Your Group

  Fitness Edge
>  A Yahoo! Group
>  about sharing
  fitness
>  and endurance goals.
>
>    HDTV
  Support
>  on Yahoo! Groups
>  Help with
  Samsung
>  HDTVs and devices
>
>    Real
  Food Group
>  on Yahoo! Groups
>  What does real
  food

  .

> __,_._,___

  Jamie in Michigan
> Currently Reading - But I survived /
  Tadeusz
> Sobolewicz
> Join dotPhoto today and receive 50 FREE
  Prints!

WISH LIST (called Requested Additions To The Bookshare
  Collection)is available at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/

www.jbrownell.com for
  miscellaneous and useful threads

  available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject
  line.

  it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and