[bksvol-discuss] Things that work for me

  • From: "Jane Dickison" <jane53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "post bookshare" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:41:38 -0500

Good morning to everyone,

As you know, yesterday I wrote in with a suggestion for a new year's
resolution.  Thanks for not throwing too many snowballs.  At My last job, you
weren't allowed to make a suggestion unless you had a solution.

1.  Before I start to scan, I put lotion on my hands and rub it in real good.
My hands are dry, but enough of the lotion is left at the surface that it helps
to catch the pages one at a time.

2.  When I start a new book I always mess with the brightness on my scanner.
The print, brightness and age of the page always make a difference. Very seldom
do I find that my settings work for two books in a row.

3.  I slow my scanner down to about four seconds between scans.  That allows me
enough time to get the next page seated on the scanner.  When you hurry,
chances are that the page will still be moving when the scanner starts.

4.  I check every page before I submit it to make sure they have lined up.

5.  I take out all the junk.  Finding all of that junk helps me to know what
pages might need to be rescanned.

Ok...Enough of that.

Happy scanning and happy holidays.

Jane D.