[bksvol-discuss] Scanner buying advice please

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:46:30 -0500

Hi List:

My scanner just died. I had an Epson 3170. I was not too happy with it because
it heated up after approximately 100 pages and I would have to turn it off to
let it cool. But still I was dealing with it. Now it makes funny noises and
says scan failed. I don't think it can be resurrected.
I'd like something that scans 15 secs or less. I probably can spend about $200.
I'd prefer to spend less though. *grin*

This is really bad timing for the scanner to die. I have been motivated to
scan.

Thanks for the advice.
*****
Grace

Please sponsor me in the march for independence, Walk for Opportunity   in
Dallas Texas. Any amount will help, no matter how small.
Proceeds benefit the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan institute.
http://nfb.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1095161&pg=personal&fr_id=1040