[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanner buying advice please

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:44:14 -0500

Robert's right.  It takes about 7 seconds to scan and then there's a lapse
of about 5 seconds for turning the page and getting the book down for the
next scan if you don't go in and add additional pause time.

I use it with both Kurzweil and FineReader, and it works like a charm.

But the reason I really think it's all that and piece of chocolate, is its
design which allows for placing the book at the edge of the scanning surface
and getting a good close scan of the page without pressing it face down on
the bed and breaking the spine of the book.  I like this feature so much,
that I often scan single pages instead of two-page mode even if the book
will easily fit two pages at a time on the bed of the scanner.  Of course, I
still do some books in two-page mode, especially very small paperbacks, but
using the edge of the scanner for scanning a single page really gets an
excellent scan every time.

I hope I'm explaining this adequately.  Let me know if you have questions.

Donna

  _____