[bksvol-discuss] Recently uploaded booksRe: Re: Nuking Fair submissions

  • From: "Brian Miller" <brian-r-miller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 08:06:59 -0800

Dear volunteers:

I thought I would mention a few books I've recently uploaded to
Bookshare.org:

* Where I was From, by Joan Didion, 2003.  This is a collection of essays
written by one of the pre-eminent writers of the past 25 years, reflecting
on california history.  It is part memoir, part journalism, part exposee.
RTF format.

* The Politics of Truth: Inside the lies that led to war and exposed my
wife's CIA identity, by Ambassador Joseph Wilson, 2004.  This is a book
about more than AMbassador Wilson's battle with the Bush administration over
the outing of his wife's CIA identity.  It is a memoir of how Wilson ended
up in the foreign service.  It takes us around Africa and the various posts
Wilson has held, and spends a great deal of time talking about Wilson's
pivotal role during the first Gulf War in 1990/91.  RTF format.

* Loving Little Egypt, A Novel, by Thomas McMahon, 2003.  This is a novel
about a blind man in the 1920s who figures out how to scam the phone
companies.  He brings together a band of outlaw blind guys who learn his
tricks, and form a tight community of pranksters.  RTF format.