[bksvol-discuss] Re: OmniPage 17 Standard On Sale!

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:01:06 -0700

I use Omnipage, but consider the user interface to be too MS Office 2007 like. I gave up on using it directly, but use within MS Word 2003, through a system they call Direct OCR. Some setup is required, then "Aquire Using Omnipage" is added to the file menu. I don't know if this would make it easier to use Omnipage with a screen reader, but it is much better for me.

Misha

On 7/31/2010 10:31 PM, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:
I've used OmniPage 14, 15 and now 17 and my opinion is that it is probably not too friendly for people without sight or without being able to use a mouse. I am a keyboard person at heart but I rely heavily on my mouse in OmniPage. There are many things I just can't do without the mouse. If you have sight and are able to use a mouse, it's a fantastic program.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading:  Sleeping with Anemone by Kate Collins
Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours: http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497

See everything I've read this year at: www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>