[bksvol-discuss] OT: The Hunger Site

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:45:40 -0800 (PST)

Sorry this is off-topic, but in case anyone is unfamiliar with the Hunger
Site, I think that this is the appropriate season to learn about it.

Want to support 6 good causes with a few clicks of your mouse?  You can do
so by going to the Hunger Site - http://www.thehungersite.com/ - and
clicking on the tabs at the top of the screen.  Your clicks (combined with
the usual 50,000 other daily clicks) will provide:

-free food for the hungry (approx 85,000 cups per day)
-free mammograms for underprivileged women (approx 5 mammograms per day)
-free health care for children (approx 850 children per day)
-free books for children (approx 450 books per day)
-protection for rainforests (approx 500,000 sq ft per day)
-free food to animals in shelters (approx 50,000 bowls of food per day)

It's the season of giving.  Please click once a day, every day.

Thanks!  Carrie

http://my.yahoo.com