[bksvol-discuss] Need help with a file

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 07:33:19 -0700

Hi, folks, I'm thinking Shelley Rhodes and I will need help getting Dark and
Stormy Rides Again by Scott Rice into shape. She can send scanned images if
anybody needs them if required. The book's ISBN number is 0-14-025490-0. If
it has a thirteen digit ISBN number I don't know what it is. It's
copyrighted 1996 by Scott Rice and published by the Penguin Group in 1996. I
hope I've given the necessary metadata to help somebody out in finding the
book. The reason I need help is concern that I may have messed up the
pagination in some way and I may need help either to learn how to delete a
page break (if necessary), and there are instances where I might be afraid
that I'm missing text. I also need to know for sure how many prefatory pages
the book has, whether the TOC is accurate (and what page it starts on). I'm
really anxious as I don't want to mess this file up for Shelley. I'm also
wondering if I'll have to ask for re-scans or not. Shelley can send scanned
images she has, but she doesn't have the book. She and I are both blind and
I'm thinking we'll need a bit of sighted help with this one as well as
technical help if the scanned file is weird. (It may not be). The last book
I proofread for Shelley was really easy to work with. This one makes me
unsure of my abilities to do it justice. It doesn't have junk characters in
it so far. I need to know where the chapter headings begin and if there's
supposed to be text after the chapter titles. I can send copies of pages
where I'm having trouble. If someone can get their hands on the actual book
and look it over, that would help us considerably. What I want to do is make
sure this book is the way it's supposed to be. (I'd also like to know where
p. 11 goes.) Right now, I'm thinking (and hoping the problem I'm having is
just in the earlier part of the file and not throughout the book. Thanks for
any help you can give. I know you are very busy, so be assured I'll be glad
for any help you can give me. Regards, Kim Friedman. P.S.: You can write me
at kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxxx K.

database 5412 (20100831) __________

http://www.eset.com