[bksvol-discuss] Empire Falls, and a validating practice question

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:26:32 -0700

When Empire Falls is approved, Jill, please if you think of it, drop me a
line or post to the list.  I would indeed like to read that last 50 pages or
so.

Just about done with Mohawk.  Excellent scan!

Question:

When I read a book with chapter numbers just listed as numbers, I find that
speech just flips on by and I miss that I have begun a new chapter.

Is it okay to put the word CHAPTER in all caps in front of the chapter
number?
It seems as a reader I would like it very much.  But I am wondering if it is
something that would be considered too much tampering.

Thanks.
Rik