[bksvol-discuss] Re: BookShare Policy Reminder

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:40:42 -0500

Gary,

Occasionally, books have obvious errors which are also obviously not
scanning errors, but errors by the author or editor.  These should be left
as is.  My favorite error is one in Ill Wind by Nevada Barr where she is
listing large trucks, as in 18 wheelers, and she says Kenmoore instead of
Kenworth, or a brand of home appliances instead of a large truck.

As Jake said, though, I imagine a lot of misprints get corrected because
it's difficult to tell a misprint from a scanning error most of the time.

Gerald