[AR] Re: Fw: Igniter questions

  • From: Robert Watzlavick <rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:27:53 -0500

I run my main chamber at 250 psia and the igniter at 130 psia. I don't use a
purge but shut the igniter off 0.5 sec after the main chamber starts. The
igniter pressure tap eventually matches the main chamber pressure.  I do have
check valves installed in the igniter lines and I clean the igniter gox line
after each run. An igniter purge would help that. Haven't noticed any damage to
the igniter after the runs but it is made of SS-304 vs. aluminum for the
chamber.

-Bob