[AR] Re: Fw: Hydrogen / oxygen news

  • From: qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 12:50:23 -0600

Actually I did read it carefully. If you had read my very first reply back when
this was first posted I said and I quote...

"I see this as just another brilliant marketing team making money from nothing
in the name of safety. If your going to go that far you might as well convert the
system to produce "Browns gas" and forget the mixing."

The second reply was totally about Browns gas and the use of it and that it is
pressurized. which raised the question about pressurizing H2 and O2 limits.
And it's very questionable use in rocketry via weight and or storage.

Robert

Interestingly enough there was an article by a European Welders Union saying that the machine was more or less useless because now you lugging around and electrolyses
machine and a power source instead of two bottles and better training and
education is a lot cheaper than one of these machines

At 10:16 AM 11/1/2013, you wrote:
 But at 60psi you would need an awful big container to run any type of RCS
> system so storage is out and even the jewelers unit which produces 30L of
> gas an hour is heavy 18kg and requires 24V at 4.5amps to operate. That's
> just a little big for a Cube Sat.

As I noted, people have successfully fired such thrusters, from storage
(with the GOX and GH2 stored separately!).  And at least the Tethers
Unlimited system specifically *is* aimed at nanosats.  The key is that the
GOX and GH2 don't mix except in the thruster (in fact, the key is making
very sure of that...).