[procps] Re: diskstat library

  • From: Jim Warner <james.warner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 08:28:23 -0500

On Jul 4, 2015, at 8:21 AM, Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've now started to look at diskstat. This one is a little strange
because it requires /sys to be mounted as well to work properly,
basically to work out if the line is for a disk or a partition.

The data for both a disk and a partition are identical, I'm actually
thinking of putting the lot into the one array (it doesn't make sense
to stop vmstat working with vmstat -p sda for example).
I've got them in two, but it doesn't seem to buy you anything except
extra complexity. A flag on the row will probably do everything
that is needed now anyhow.

Hi Craig,

I can’t help with diskstat.

But I’m refactoring meminfo to make sorting much more generalized. This
iteration holds much promise for the PID stuff, when (if) we get around to it.

Hope that’s ok.

Regards,
Jim