Re: disable recyclebin?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 01:44:14 +1000

None whatsoever. That's why I have a DR site, backups, 2-hourly archived redo logs, etcetc. And for development and test, there is an overnight backup and quite frankly: if they drop a table inadvertently, I'll bang their heads together. ;) Enough incentive so far: in 4 years they lost only 6 tables and those were promptly (3 hours) restored in DR and reimported from there. Good enough for them and for me.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote,on my timestamp of 20/04/2011 7:11 PM:

Nuno, don't you have concern about inadvertent drops of tables?

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:   Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   04/20/2011 04:58 AM
Subject:        Re: disable recyclebin?
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And that's one of the reasons why recycle bin is disabled in all my dbs.