RE: cpu average load

  • From: "Cary Millsap" <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:59:19 -0600

> How can I tell if this cpu utilization is affecting performance on the
host?

The amount of response time that process preemptions are costing your
performance is measured as the amount of response time in an extended SQL
trace file that is not accounted for by the sum of your file's c values at
recursive depth zero, plus the sum of your file's ela values.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis 101: 1/4 Calgary
- SQL Optimization 101: 12/13 Atlanta
- Hotsos Symposium 2005: March 6-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...