RE: Why is Oracle unaffordable?

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RP Khare <passionate_programmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx" <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 16:18:23 +0100

Can you explain what you mean with nodes? Are these real end users or ar these
workstations / devices that are used by multiple end users?

In the first case you would need 10 nup licenses (btw the price below was
including 1 year support). In the second case you need to license the real end
user (even if only 1 of them can work at a node at a time), in which case it
can be better to license the cpu of the server (then you don't need to license
the clients).

enterprise or SMB depends on which features you need.
For a comparison of the features available between editions:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e10594/editions.htm#CJACGHEB

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime