Re: RMAN with OEM poll

  • From: Eddy Frances <efrances2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:20:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Brian,

I personally use both OEM and RMAN to do backups at my
site.  I find OEM pretty useful for scheduling
backups(NOT RESTORES) and scripts. Also, I like OEM
because it is easier to train a novice (Jr. DBA) and
maintain of scripts.

With a GUI tool like OEM you can centralize the
scripts for both backups and other tasks.  This will
allow for easier management of Oracle related tasks.

Last point, OEM is not perfect and is not a magic
bullet.  But, I believe that it wins over a hand coded
solution for long term maintenance.

my 2 cents worth...

Eddy