RE: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c

  • From: Upendra N <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:23:18 -0400

>>  That means you have both running, pre-12c and 12c, each with its
own agents. As you move the pre-12c agents, you can sync the history as
part of the move to the 12c repository.

Sync'ing the history - is that a 12c feature or is that available in 11g as
well?
I am in the process of upgrading a Production Grid environment from 10.2 to
11.2. Preserving the history would be great.

-Upendra

CC: development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:39:52 +1100
To: nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry, at the Australian 12c launch, so I just saw this.
If you were doing a one system upgrade, you will be upgrading your existing
repository, so that keeps everything you had.
If you are doing a two system upgrade, you clone the existing repository,
leaving the old version with pre-12c agents pointing to it. You can then
gradually install 12c agents pointing to the new repository.
That means you have both running, pre-12c and 12c, each with its own agents. As
you move the pre-12c agents, you can sync the history as part of the move to
the 12c repository.
Pete
On 18/10/2011, at 10:34 PM, Upendra N <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With the EM upgrade, when we re-register the targets do we loose the history of
the metrics gathered?
Is there a way to preserve the performance metrics history?

-Upendra