Re: Oracle 9i Top 20 Features?

  • From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:10:25 +0200

I think the Top 20 would depend on what sort of role you're in
(Developer, SysAdmin, DBA, Architect). There are (so far) no World
Championships in New Features, but perhaps we should arrange one...

So you either need to be more specific, or you will end up with various
lists compiled by people depending entirely on what they know
beforehand, what they found first in the manuals, what their jobs
entitle or what other people mentioned randomly to them as Great New
Features.

It's like asking for a list of the Top 10 Cars in the World. It all
depends. I'm not sure my Honda Shuttle would qualify in any other
category than Armored Personnel Carrier (what you need if you have four
kids).

Best regards,

Mogens