RE: Metalink Fiasco

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx" <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:25:01 -0700

Well, I just tried that (for a legitimate need), but apparently it's not of
much use because after holding for 20 minutes I was just told that "everything
is down" and they "can't get to anything" so my best bet was to call back in an
hour.  I'm just lucky nothing urgent has come up for me yet.  There must be a
lot of people out there that have been unfortunate enough to have major
problems in the last 4 days and they must be livid right about now.

It looks like the media is picking up the story, including our gripes here on
oracle-l:

http://www.itworld.com/software/84237/users-new-oracle-support-portal-a-fiasco

Regards,
Brandon