Re: LANfree Backup with RMAN

  • From: "~Jeff~" <jifjif@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 13:46:20 +1300

we found LANfree useful mostly for avoiding tape head and disk pool
contention in a busy TSM library (w/ dedicated GigE backup network)

Though not TSM-specific, using Block Change Tracking and going through the
RMAN tuning whitepaper were also both very helpful in reducing backup times.
 Worth a mention.

HTH.