KAIO/Solaris/db_writer_processes

  • From: "David" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:06:33 -0700 (PDT)

We have a system that is raw and configured with 1 db_writer_process.
IO wait on the server is around 50%.
I have read some contradictory or unclear information and I'm hoping to
get some clarification here.
What is the concensus regarding using multiple db_writer_processes on a
solaris system using kaoi on raw devices?

I know there may be other areas to focus a tuning effort on, but I'm only
focusing on the ramifications and issues realted to multiple
db_writer_processes on a raw system and the potential benefits or issues
thereof.

Thanks
--
..