Re: How to remove Streams replication for a table

  • From: Ilmar Kerm <ilmar.kerm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:41:46 +0300

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:42 AM, amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I do use streams administrator but I cannot believe that we can setup
> replication but cannot revert it?
>
> If I have 20 tables being replicated but only want to get rid of one I have
> to remove entire configuration and start over again for the 19 tables....? I
> have been looking the docs, ML but nothing!

I haven't used DBMS_STREAMS_ADM.MAINTAIN_TABLES myself, but looking at
the documentation I think it creates the list of tables as a positive
rule set for the capture process. So, to remove one table just edit
the positive rule set associated with the capture process. It very
easy to do with Enterprise Manager.

You could also try adding the removed table to the capture process
negative rule set, with DBMS_STREAMS_ADM.ADD_TABLE_RULES and setting
the parameter inclusion_rule to false.

--
Ilmar Kerm