RE: Database security

  • From: mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 05:36:51 -0800 (PST)

Yep, Dennis makes a good point.

What's really need here is a trusted OS like Argus
Systems Pit Bull.  I'm sure something similar is
available for MS, but trying to hack a way round
something that wasn't designed to stop admins is going
to be very difficult if not impossible or impractical.

Don't know much about these but I do know that even if
one gains root access, what one can do with root (or
admin privs) can be limited so for example, even root
or admins can be denied from executing certain code or
modifying/removing files.

These systems are not cheap but probably the only real
secure solution.

mohammed