transmitter meter reading device needed

  • From: "Linda Gehres" <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:41:06 -0700

Hi All,
Does anyone on the list know of radio transmitters built in the 1970's
called Twane Technology and what type of equipment blind operators might
have used to read such meters?  I have a friend trying to get a job at a
radio station in Pittsburgh, PA who is in need of such a device as well as
an old version of JAWS that would be able to read the DOS screens.  Suspect
he'd need to go back to JAWS 2.3 or something like that.  Could an Optacon
be used to read such a meter, does anyone believe?  If further details are
needed, please e-mail me privately at:
ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  If any of you on the list having a much greater
level of technical understanding than I would be willing to e-mail him
privately, he's very much open to me giving you his contact information.
Many thanks from me and from Kevin in advance.

Linda Gehres