[optacon-l] Re: signing papers and forms

  • From: Gailselfridge@xxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 12:55:19 EDT

I do it the same way, but for my signature guide I found a ruler that has a
 cork backing so I can line it up with the left and right edges of the
paper and  it won't slip. Anything you can find with a backing that won't slip
and that's  around 9 inches long will work.

Gail

Laurel,
I've had to sign all sorts of things without sighted help; there  are lots
of
ways people have discovered for signing things. My method works  something
like this:  you've probably noticed that on the left and right  sides of the
regular lens are two lines that are molded into the optacon  lens. They're
not on the top or bottom; they're on the actual left and right  sides of the
lens. There's one on each side. They line up with the print the  optacon
camera is currently looking at. You can look at the position of one  or both
of these lines, making sure the focus is on the place where you need  to
sign. Then, put your finger beside the left side of the lens, beside  the
line. Place a signature guide or some other item to the right of  your
finger; the trick here is to get it straight across the page. I can't
always
get my signature precisely on the pre-printed line, but it's close.
Nobody's
ever rejected something I've signed which is a surprise because I  know from
looking at some things that it's definitely not perfect, but it's  in the
right ball park.
I guess an easier way would be to use something  magnetic like a magnetic
board with strips on top of it that you could place  in the right location;
they would remain in the right location and you'd be  able to sign much more
accurately.
Mary
to view the list archives, go  to:
_www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l_
(//www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l)
To  unsubscribe at any time, just send a message to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 with the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes)
in the message  subject.
Tell your friends about the list.  They can subscribe by  sending a message
to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 with the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in
the message  subject.