[optacon-l] Re: [optacon and VersaBraille

  • From: "Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:33:12 -0500

Jim, yur comment on the DVD with the Optacon and Versabraille sure brings back
memmories.  I doubt that I couldn've performed my Labor Relations/Human
Resources job at Kaiser Alumin8um without the assistance of both devices.  The
VB was great for its ability to store a lot of notes and being able to do some
searches for contract clauses.  I never had access to computer terminals,
until later when there were dos screen readers.

Of course, the Optacon was so unique; and I filled out many a form with the
typewriter lens attachment for the Selectric.

Steve
Lansing, MI