[optacon-l] Re: leaving the list

  • From: "David" <elephant@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 05:09:15 +0100

Strange.

Just about a week ago, we had several messages on the list, due to one
person posting a "test" message. The reason for the test message, was that
there had been no postings for several weeks, and someone started wondering
why. Now, all the sudden, a few people start to use the list. And what
happens? People start to sign off. Really strange.

Besides, How can you control the trafic to only a couple of message a day?
One user brings out a question or a viewpoint, and ten others step in with
their contribution. Does these users - who are leaving - want several of the
messages never to show up, simply so as to minimize trafic? I am pretty new
to this list, but I thought it was a list where people could ask questions,
and offer help. A list of that nature, simply gotta be somehow jammed - once
in a while. Or, do we have to sit and wait for several days with our
contributions, so as not to "overload" people's delete-key? Smile. Well, I
sure hope others will have better reasons, if they decide to leave.

Sorry for the trafic this message produces. Smile.