[optacon-l] Re: finger plate

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optacon User List <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 01:38:24 +0300

I have nothing against a little wider plate, even though I haven't had any
problems with the current one on my R1D model.

But if a new Optacon is designed and will be released some day, there is
no reason why the plate couldn't be made a bit wider than the present one.
I don't see how it would matter even though your fingers are thin.

On Sat, 2 May 2015, David Moore <jesusloves1966@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The radius of curvature is just right. Maybe if the plate was a
little wider, that would be good. I often felt the sides of my finger
hanging over the sides of the plate, and I thought that it would be
good if that extra part of my finger was all on the plate. I could
definitely feel more, I think, if the plate was a bit wider. Thanks a
lot, Charles.

On 5/1/15, Dick Seifert <dickseifert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The fingerplate used by the optacon R1d is just fine with me. however,
never having used any other finger plate of a different size or shape,
perhaps that would work better. I just don't know.

Tell your friends about the list. They can subscribe by sending a message

Tell your friends about the list. They can subscribe by sending a message to:

Sighted rather than blind, but blind so far and sighted some day.

Tell your friends about the list. They can subscribe by sending a message to: