[optacon-l] Re: another use for the optacon

  • From: Judy Adams <jbliss.lowvision@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 16:35:04 -0700

Hi Charles,
Some websites add a spoken code option with the visual, and that's very
useful for the letters and numbers.

J*udy Adams*

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:15 PM, C. Pond <cpond@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When filling out a response to send to a company via their websiete, I had
to type in what I think is called a capture code, or some such thing. It
is the pattern of letters and numbers which are not spoken by a
screenreader, but which ensure the sender of the web-based e-mail is human
and not automated. I could easily read the code with me optacon, and type
in the code to validate the e-mail. I wasn’t sure that my message of
dismay and annoyance over their website and poor company customer service
got through (well, they did want feedback after all), until I received a
personal reply from their customer service.
Long live the optacon!

Charles

Tell your friends about the list. They can subscribe by sending a message

Tell your friends about the list. They can subscribe by sending a message to: