[optacon-l] Re: Training TipHi, Sarah,

  • From: Daniel Tonge <danieltonge2011@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 16:04:26 -0700

It is so exciting to see someone new just starting with the Optacon.
You will be able to read things that you can't with a scanner, because
with a scanner the characters have to be pretty close to what it
considers normal, whereas with the Optacon, you can use your own
judgment in interpreting the characters. Best of luck, and
congratulations!

On 7/8/15, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sarah, the bottom knob is the one that adjusts the thickness or sharpness of

the
characters, so that would be threshold. It's arrow is pointing in a
leftward
direction. The top knob is the intensity, and it's arrow points toward the
right. So the threshold arrow is more on the 9 to 7 o'clock position of the
clock, or there abouts, according to what you need for letter thickness,
where the upper one will be from around 12:30 all the way to maybe 4, as
far
as it goes, the way I like it.

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry
Ford.

Carolyn