[optacon-l] Tip Sheets

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:07:40 -0400 (EDT)

While we are on this subject, I really would like to create more sheets
similar to that which we have on signing documents. There is a wealth of
material in the archives but I don't have the time to search it out and
organize it.

Among some potential topics might be:
Reading Cans, Jars and Boxes
Reading Appliance Surfaces
Reading Hand-writing
Verifying Print Material
Writing Checks
Reading schematics
Reading Music
Reading other languages
Identifying Money
Identifying Clothing Corors and Patterns

and many other topics which have been touched on at one time or another on
this list.

We also have very interesting biographic material--stories of how list
members use the Optacon to get and keep jobs. Many of us have unusual
hobbies such as cross-word puzzles or clipping coupons. Many of us also
have collections of print material such as reference books, cookbooks,
knitting patterns, computer books or just books by our favorite authors.

All these things can be found in our archives.
www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l

As I said, any help is organizing some of this material so that it can be
useful would be very worthwhile. Thanks in advance to anobody who
volunteers.

Who knows? Maybe some day we will have ned of a new training course and
all these practical suggestions will be passed to a new generation.
Catherine