[optacon-l] The Optacon And Spotify Preferences

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optacon Users <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 21:15:48 +0300

Hi list,

To return to the topic of this list, I would like to know if anyone out there
have ever tried to read the mostly screen reader unaccessible Spotify music
service's Preferences screen with the Optacon.

The reason for asking this is that I had to ask another Spotify and screen
reader user for help when not being able to find some essential audio controls
on Spotify's Preferences screen, not even when using a Spotify spesific
configuration file for JAWS. He may find them due to his different screen
resolution settings that have an effect on how screen readers read the contents
of different application windows, but this is a bit out of topic again.

But even if you were able to find those Spotify controls with your Optacon,
they would probably still be far from accessible without having the entire
screen view infront of you.

Spotify's unaccessibility has been discussed worldwide among blind and visually
impaired users, but without any results. Even if you could read your play lists
etc. with your Optacon, you still wouldn't have any convenient way to access
them.

--
Jyrki Voutilainen
mailto:jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx