[optacon-l] Re: Smith Corona Typewriters and Optacons

  • From: "H & C Arnold" <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 19:58:44 -0500

Linda, I wish I had a camera too. But here is something that works with an
IBM Selectric. I had a bill to pay on a credit card, and it said to put in
the amount paid. Since I was paying more than the minimum, I wanted to do
that. So, I lined up with my Optacon, put a stylus punch right by the dollar
sign, rolled it into my IBM, wrote the amount. It lined up all right. The
problem is, that if you roll those things much, they tend to tear off, since
they are ready for you to tear off for the envelope. Anyway, that worked
well for me. I have sighted friends who say they don't bother. Well, the
form said to do that, and since I was paying more than minimum, I wanted to
fill it in.

In God We Trust,

Carolyn