[optacon-l] Smith Corona Typewriters and Optacons

  • From: "Linda Gehres" <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:59:04 -0800

The only thing I sort of wish is that at least one of the typewriters were
fitted originally, at least, with the typewriter lens.  The typewriter lens
I had for work was especially made for an Olympic typewriter, and I very
much thought of buying the special Smith Corona typewriter with the Optacon
lens together when I had an Optacon, but I wasn't sure how much longer I'd
be with Social Security, or for that matter, how much I'd actually use the
lens for filling out forms at home.  Probably not a lot, as it turned out.
When I've had the opportunity to get them (two from family members, one I
purchased and one my ex-husband purchased used for me in case I needed a
backup), I've held onto them for dear life, so to speak!

Linda G.