[optacon-l] Re: Reading unusual things

  • From: Gailselfridge@xxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:11:23 EDT

Mary:
Exactly. I can read hand printing and numbers quite easily and very plain
cursive takes a little longer but I can usually read it, but most people get
so  sloppy with their cursive that it isn't worth my time. I was doing some
 freelance writing for a while and was getting hand written notes from
editors  which I preferred to read myself. I could do it well enough to get the
gist of  what they said but it took a lot of time. I still do freelance
writing but now  people email me so I don't have to deal with their scribbled
notes.

Gail

Gail,
I'm the same way. I'm better with numbers than cursive. Hand  printing is
quite easy. When a friend went to England for a brief visit, he  wrote me
and
printed so precisely that it looked like typing. I've never seen  such
careful hand printing since then.
Mary
to view the list archives,  go to:
_www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l_
(//www.freelists.org/archives/optacon-l)
To  unsubscribe at any time, just send a message to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 with the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes)
in the message  subject.
Tell your friends about the list.  They can subscribe by  sending a message
to:
_optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:optacon-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
 with the word "subscribe" (without the quotes) in
the message  subject.