[optacon-l] Re: Reading unusual things

  • From: Linda Gehres <ljgehres@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:34:17 -0700

I'm amazed you can read handwriting at all, that is, if you're referring to
cursive, or as I call
it, cursed. I have read regular hand-printed letters, particularly if they're
in capital letters. Each
person writes them a little differently, so you almost have to get used to each
person's style of writing.
Perhaps if I knew cursive writing beyond my name and a few other scattered
letters here and there, I might
be able to make it out, but even sighted people say they have great difficulty
in reading one-another's handwriting.
Linda G.