[optacon-l] Re: Questions about tactile displays and assistive devices for the blind

  • From: Bill English <english.family@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 13:18:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dianne,

A headband array for constant daily frontal view as an eye does, should become
very intuitively adopted into the autonomic nervous system.  My invention (the
SOS Device) will never be a cure-all replacement for natural eyesight.  I have
no such delusions, if anyone is wondering.  Of course a cord with a tethered
camera like the Optacon reader has, might be an accessory for reading small
print.  But having a separate self-contained mouse sized device that does what
the Optacon does, would be much better for reading.

All My Best,

Bill English
MSFB Org