[optacon-l] Re: Please Bring Back the Optacon!

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 06:35:14 -0800

Good morning list,

I found the January 2009 issue of the Braille Forum in an audio .mp3 file on
the ACB site, under "Braille Forum", then 2008, then "listen to current
issue." The optacon article is at the end of part 2, and continues at the
beginning of part 3.

If it won't violate copyright restrictions, I can quickly do some sound
editing and extract the article from the two parts mentioned, then store it
in a small .mp3 audio file and e-mail it to others on this list as an
attached file. But I won't do that if it's a copyright violation. I don't
want to get in trouble about intellectual property rights or copyright.

I plan to write to the Forum editor this morning to mention that repairs are
possible, mention Richard Oehm as an example, (with his contact
information), and also mention this list. Of course, the editor can choose
to ignore my e-mail, but there seem to be so many people out there who think
optacons can't be repaired any more, and others who never heard of it or who
don't know it's still alive and appreciated.

Mary