[optacon-l] Re: Optacon article from January 2009 Braille Forum

  • From: "Linda Webb" <rtfan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:00:03 -0600

Jim, let me join others in complimenting you on all of your ideas.
I'm just a bit behind in reading all of the mail from this list since it has
indeed become more active in the past couple of weeks.

I used my machine, as noted before, in many ways but don't feel I have any
more to contribute as far as uses than others have already spoken about.
From CRT lens on computers, to reading cans and bottles, 800 numbers on TV
when they don't give them as one person has mentioned to just plain reading
and scanning text, typing out my own checks, etc., I just can't imagine
being without it.  A new one certainly would be in order if the price was
reachable by most.  I am sure in time, as much as they can be repaired, the
time will come when perhaps one won't be able to be repaired.  That would be
a loss to anyone just owning only one.

Jim, good work.

Linda and Guide Dog, Greg