[optacon-l] Optacon And Remote Controlled Sockets

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optacon Users <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 06:10:19 +0200

Hi list,

Perhaps some of you still remember me telling about having the Optaacon's
battery charger connected to a remote-controlled socket, or to be more
precise, having several devices connected that way through extension cords
connected to remote-controlled sockets. The idea was just to be able to
switch the power on/off from all or just some of the connected devices
simultaneously, and that has worked until now, when the other of the two
remote-controlled sockets wasn't switched off when pressing the “red
button” on the remote control. I thought already that the other of the
sockets might be broken, but after removing the socket from mains power
and placing it back and pressing the desired On/Off button on the remote
control, the switching started to work again.

As some of you stil may remember, my idea was also to lengthen the life of
the Optacon 's new battery by avoiding constant charging when being
connected to mains power. Of course I could simply remove and connect the
charger from mains power physically, but why not conbining old and new
tecnology even in such basic issues like this? (smile)

Regards,

--
Jyrki Voutilainen
mailto:jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx