[optacon-l] Optacon And CVC

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optacon Users <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 04:40:19 +0200

Hi list,

For those who probably don't know, CVC is the security number containing 3
or 4 digits in the back of your credit card, and here comes the story:

My MasterCard has expired this month, and I've got a new one. Therefore I
had to update my card details on Spotify, the music service I've told
about earlier. To get the precent CVC from the card, I tried to scan it
using OmniPage and my flatbed scanner, but with no result. Then I tried
to examine the back side of the card with my Optacon, and there it was: a
3 digit number separately from the card number etc.

Then, immediately after getting this 3 digit number, I saved it to a text
file where I've preserved my card details since long time ago, and then I
tried to update the card details on Spotify and succeeded!

But what would I have done without my Optacon and with the OCR not
working? I would probably had to have asked for sighted assistance.

PS. When typing this, I was so happy that I made several typos that I've
probably managed to correct. (smile)

Regards,

--
Jyrki Voutilainen