[optacon-l] I think there's something missing

  • From: "Vince Mistretta" <vmistretta1411@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 09:23:54 -0400

After reading the manual which I found on Freedom Scientific's site as
reference, I looked at the Retina / camera lens unit and I think there is
something missing.

According to the manual, the camera should have wheels on it to roll across
the page.  I don't find any wheels on this unit.  I removed the lens from
the cable as instructed and her is what I find...

A long metal object with a slider on top which has three markings on the
right side.  On the bottom side theres a recessed portion at the tip then a
raise portion longer than the recessed which has a square hole towards the
tip directly under the slider, a rough area then two rectangular holes
towards the cable connection.  The area with the holes has a ridge on either
side which has a lip or recess within as if it will hold something.  I feel
no wheels at all.

Am I missing something here?

Vince Mistretta
Cellular - 561-234-7631