Re: I found the answer!

  • From: "Don Bishop" <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:31:23 -0700

Well, the only reason would be that it would make it easier for those with bad
intentions to grab a bunch of email addresses witout too much trouble.  As far
as company bashing and the like, we don't need that as you say, and I'd
certainly publicly object to that.  I'm talking about bashing.  If a company
actually
gives bad service (or good for that matter), it's fair game, although I'd hope
such a thread would be rather short and to the point.

As far as public archives go, I'll leave it as is for now unless someone
strongly objects with some good arguments for restriction.

Don

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:46:54 -0400 (EDT), Mike Freeman wrote:

Don:

Why would you not want the list archives public? People might find the
information useful. And I would submit that gratuitously ragging on
companies wouldn't be useful list behavior anyway.

Mike Freeman

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Don Bishop wrote:

> Hi Gail,

> Thanks for checking it out.  That's really good to know.  Once you're
> registered it's a little harder to check out these kinds of things, so I
> really appreciate
it.