[optacon-l] Re: Heat Exposure for the Optacon

  • From: Judy Adams <judy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Optacon List" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 06:30:40 -0800

Dear Carrie,

We should wait to hear from Richard Oehm about the ambient temps, but that
sounds pretty high!  I suppose the bugs could get into the electronics.
Most responsible apartment owners would tent the apartments to get rid of
the bugs and your electronics should be safe from the Vikane gas that's
used in the US - although it's toxic to opened containers of food and
humans until the building is properly aired out and tested for safety.

Good luck! I've read that if you stay in a hotel and discover there are
bedbugs, that you should air your suitcase and clothes outside in full
sunshine, turning the clothes and then wash in very hot water.

Judy Adams