[optacon-l] Re: Heat Exposure for the Optacon

  • From: Jyrki Voutilainen <jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 14:11:13 +0200

On Sun, 4 Nov 2012, Mary Emerson wrote:

> I checked the documentation and couldn't find anything about minimum or
> maximum temperature for operating the machine, but with something so
> delicate and hard to fix, if you can take it with you and leave the
> building while the bed bug treatment is going on, then at least you'll
> know it's always with you and it's safe.

That's interesting how much you can learn only by subscribing to a mailing list
like this: that's something I've never needed to think about, because my
Optacon has never been in such extreem facilities, if you allow such an
expression.

The toughest thing that my Optacon has probably experienced have been my damp
fingers because of perspiration, but I've cleande the display most carefully by
using a cloth dampende with something called Neoamisept, and that should
evaporate completely like propyle alcohol or Isopropanol, if the pronounciation
is correct. But according to Dave Godfrey, the best way to clean the needles
would be using Isopropanol in spray format having the Optacon's cover removed,
but that's something I definitely wouldn't reccomend for everybody, not even to
myself!

PS. That was perhaps a bit out-of-topic, but probably not out-of-list (smile).

--
Jyrki Voutilainen
mailto:jykke.voutilainen@xxxxxxxxx