[optacon-l] Re: Got My Optacon Back this Afternoon!

  • From: Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:27:21 -0800

Nick and list,

I think putting the optacon in perspective with the rest of our
"arsenal" of tools would be refreshing. It would also be encouraging,
since we are probably all quite sick and tired of hearing about speech
this, speech that, and complaints about people's inability to read print
and getting stuck with no way to read something or other, or their
scanner couldn't see this or that.

I never get tired of reading about what the optacon does for us. If not
for the optacon, we couldn't bail out of challenging situations, such as
the one I mentioned a couple weeks ago; had it not been for the optacon,
I couldn't finish my taxes. Good grief folks, many of us wouldn't have
had the jobs we had, or still have, without the optacon.

Nick, my vote is, go for it! After all, you haven't had a working
optacon for years. You had to listen to us talking about ours, and
you're long overdue to talk about how great it is to read anything you
want, including all the schematics, electronics, diagrams, charts, you
name it.

Mary