[optacon-l] Re: Charger is Actually an Adapter

  • From: "Vince Mistretta" <vmistretta1411@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:15:56 -0400

According to the documentation, that little separate unit which you
put the battery in is the charger and the Adapter can connect to
either the Optacon or the Charger unit.

There is no plug on the battery itself for the adapter to fit.  I
specifically checked this out first.

On 7/28/08, Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thinking about this a bit I realize that t what we are calling a charger
> for the Optacon II is actually just an adapter. As I recall, the Optacon
> II batteries don't recharge and they never did. The choice was to use the
> Optacon II on battery by unplugging it. The unit came with a special
> little housing into which you could put your battern when you were not
> using it. The recommendation was not to leave the battery on the Optacon
> II while you were using it via electricity. So, if you have the chord that
> goes from the unit to an outlet you have all there is. If I am wrong in
> this explanation would somebody please correct it.
> Catherine

Vince Mistretta
Call me at 561-234-7631
Skype Name: vin5451 (Please email me first)