[optacon-l] Charger is Actually an Adapter

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 07:02:41 -0400 (EDT)

Thinking about this a bit I realize that t what we are calling a charger
for the Optacon II is actually just an adapter. As I recall, the Optacon
II batteries don't recharge and they never did. The choice was to use the
Optacon II on battery by unplugging it. The unit came with a special
little housing into which you could put your battern when you were not
using it. The recommendation was not to leave the battery on the Optacon
II while you were using it via electricity. So, if you have the chord that
goes from the unit to an outlet you have all there is. If I am wrong in
this explanation would somebody please correct it.
Catherine