[optacon-l] Re: A question

  • From: "Dianne B. Phelps" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 12:05:06 -0700

I came across someone like that probably six or seven years ago, but have
heard nothing more since that time. I think scientists pick it up and look
at it for a while, but maybe, can't come up with the funding to move
forward. Some of us really took to the optacon like a fish in water, but
many did not and were not supportive which probably caused the demise of
keeping it current. For me, it was like moving the print from my reading
glasses to my finger when the glasses no longer worked. It just made total
and complete sense to me in every way, and I don't think I could have
managed my transcription business without it. In fact, I know I couldn't
when I was reading my work for accuracy, something which took lots and lots
of time, but made me a far better typest than ever. The optacon was truly a
corner stone to my career success.

Dianne